Sunday, May 16, 2010

Is it really spring?


Well, at least some of my flowers are blooming. It was really chilly again on Friday...so overcast and rainy. I'm grateful to see the signs of spring though.
These yellow irises are some of my favorites especially because I discovered their rhizomes underneath the porch and I've nurtured them along (the porch has since been removed). California poppies come back every year and their orange color make me happy every time I walk by them. I'm trying to figure out what the new purple addition is this year. Any ideas? They're all over my "yard" acreage, but they look lovely mixed in with the poppies. Have a beautiful day.
Ahhhhh what a botanist I am I picked a teeny purple flower and by looking through desert wildflowers I have the answer. It's called Filaree Storksbill!!!!

1 comment:

Katscratchme said...

We're finally looking forward to a few lovely days ourselves. Tulips and daffodils are all over the neighborhood. Spring!