Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You Are Uncommon: Authentique








Tessa turned 8 this year in April and was baptized on April 30th. She was so excited. I found the dress she wore at a local thrift store for $4.00. I believe it's a women's size 2. My friend Debbie Bentley helped me to alter it (she did most of the work). We fixed the rounded neck and pulled it in and then we shortened it. Her daddy baptized her and she was glowing. I teared up a few times while Grampy and Gramy Buck spoke on Baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was such a sweet day. Here's the first of a two page layout commemorating that day.


I used Authentique Paper's Uncommon line of papers with a litte smidge of the Blissful Collection to immitate leaves for the zipper flower. The white button is actually a match to a hair band I made for Tess on her special day. I have some vintage ric-rac that is a twisted gray and yellow that I used to create a rolled flower. I did a running stitch along the zipper edge and then gathered it to make the zipper flower...backed that with a little lace. A pearl head pin beaded with a few extras completes the corner. :) The other side of the circle patterned paper is gray with words I crimped, inked and folded a stip of it to add behind the frame.


I cut out the border circles from the sheet of paper with my xacto and backed them with chipboard I then inked all of the edges in Stampin' Up's Regal Rose ink. The architectural trace paper was punched with Fiskars Flower Burst punch. The pearl strands are from Stampin' up.





The word strips are from Authentique's Diction set in cream. The "You are UNCOMMON" tag came in the same circle pattern (I was already using) around the gray oval so I cut it out with my xacto, stitched around it, flipped over the bracket to the other side with the polka-dots and popped it up. That is the GREATEST part of Authentique's collections. Everything is double sided. Mix and match. It's awesome. Scallops on this layout were inspired by KellyCreates layout seen here!!!


No comments: