Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Super Sonic Drive In

Amethyst #5 sketch from Scrapbook Steals
 We live in a small town about 25 minutes outside of a big city. Basically, our "town" consisted of a feed and supply store, a McDonald's (ugh), a Dairy Queen, a Smith's grocery store and a Walgreen's until they put a Walmart in a couple of years ago. 
But now we're moving on up to the big leagues baby. 
We are now driving through our very own SONIC! I don't drink much soda any more but once in a while I crave a cranberry or cherry limeade. I love their real fruit slushes too(a gazillion calories I'm sure). They used to have this drink called an "orange cool breeze" that was sprite with crushed pineapple and orange flavoring. It was awesome. I did try their "Chicago Dog" when I had a coupon and was pleasantly surprised!
You would not believe the lines that this place had the first month or so. Forget it! I'll only wait so long for a cherry limeade ;) I used some of my Shimmerz spritz over letter stickers to get the title. I did "Sonic" first and then "Super". While the letter stickers were in place I used the bullet tip of my red Zig marker to give it a splash look.  The cherry stamp is from the Sweet Stamp shop and I colored that with my Zigs too.
I used lots of different lines of paper on this layout. The car paper is from WRMK, the yellow number: Simple Stories, red and teal: DCWV, polka dot: The Paper Studio 
I used my fiskars cloud punches as masks and then overlaid a wood grain cloud that I stamped with my Hero Arts set 
Ruffled scallops made with my scalloped scissors. Best $2 ever spend 6 years ago ;) Have a super day and I hope you get yourself an ice cold beverage and some scrappy time.

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so awesome...love how you used the red mist...looks amazing..

Charity said...

love all the detials Misty, and the splash is still my fav!

Staci said...

Love this and I just can't get enough of the cranberry and cherry limeades either. I loved that you scrapped this!

Melissa D. said...

You continue to amaze me! This is a great layout. I love the topic you scrapped. Everyday type of things are my favorite!

Cristine said...

Mmmmmmm...I love their crispy chicken wrap! And I've been known to stop by just for happy hour when I need a caffeine pick-me-up.

I love all of the sprayed areas on your layout. They are SO vibrant!